[Bf-cycles] Can Cycles fully utilize an AMD Radeon 6950?

K M kelvinshrek at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 03:55:12 CEST 2011

Hi, I'm planning on upgrading my graphics card(If you can even call Intel HD
graphics a Graphics Card), and I'm looking at an AMD Radeon 6950 card for
Cycles rendering. It seems to be a lot more bang for the buck than Nvidia
GeForces, but from what I heard, AMD cards have what's known as Stream
processors, which are totally different from Nvidia cores. Cycles was
designed for Nvidia, so a little guidance from a developer would be nice.

(I don't mean like OpenCL support, I know that's coming. I mean like whether
Cycles can use the full potential of the AMD )