[Bf-cycles] Building problem with Ubuntu 11.10

Robert Feld robertmfeld at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 30 18:20:00 CET 2011

2011/10/29 Davis Sorenson <davis.sorenson at gmail.com>

> Hi Robert,
>
> I had exactly the same problem myself (Also Ubuntu 11.10 64 bit), I can't remember if it was a problem with Boost or OIIO directly. What happened is that I used my own folder naming conventions and didn't follow the guide to the letter. Do that first to get a working build, then if you want to have your own folder names, carefully change your CMake configuration and folder names a little at a time. You'll have to rebuild the configuration and Blender/Cycles completely if you want to change the name of the build directory, my advice is to install cmake-gui, create the new build folder, open cmake-gui in both folders and copy the configuration manually.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Davis

Hi Davis,
actually it did. I built up the configuration of OIIO with cmake-gui.
While playing around I found a workaround for the problem. When I
build OIIO as dynamic library I don't get the error when building
blender. However when starting blender it doesn't find the oiio
dynamic lib and I have to use LD_LIBRARY_PATH to make it run.

This is not really satisfactory but I can now play around with the
great cycles. When I find time I will investigate the issue further.

Kind regards,
Robert