[Bf-cycles] Ideas

Davis Sorenson davis.sorenson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 19:42:55 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 3:56 PM, David <db4tech at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I agree, it is also worth considering that the f/ stop should not change
> due to focal length changes (well not as far as the end user is concerned
> or within the Blender interface), unless simulating lower grade camera
> lenses which alter their f/ stop dependent on focal length, I don't think
> that level of simulation is required.

Like Julian said, this isn't a simulation of lower-grade lenses, it's just
how f-numbers work (See the Wikipedia
article<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/f-number>).
In order for f stops to work in Blender, it just needs to recaulculate it
(Only for the purpose of displaying it in the UI) every time the focal
length or pupil diameter is changed.