[Bf-cycles] Bf-cycles Digest, Vol 6, Issue 14

Sanne sanne at lavabit.com
Sat Oct 22 12:45:57 CEST 2011

Hi Andrew!

On Saturday 22 October 2011, Andrew Price wrote:
> *>Cycles expects latlong maps, is that the format you used?*
> No I used Angular. Thanks for clarifying that. I'll use LatLong in the
> future.

In case you (or others) need to convert HDR andgular maps to latlong aka
equirectangular, here's how you can do with Hugin [1], a free panorama tool:

1. Assistant tab, load images, load your angmap with lenstype: full frame
fisheye and HFOV 360 degrees.

2. Stitcher tab: set projection to equirectangular, optionally click on
calculate optimal size (read the tooltip), set output to high dynamic range,
format exr, hit stitch, voila.

This can be mapped as an environment texture (not image texture), a mapping
node, and generated texture coordinates.

Node setup: http://tinyurl.com/6zvv23k

[1] http://hugin.sourceforge.net/

Sanne