[Bf-cycles] Cycles Bug Report

Andrew Price andrew at blenderguru.com
Thu Oct 20 14:17:44 CEST 2011

Hey guys,

I was chatting on IRC #cycles today and they said that this was the place to
go with bug reports? Sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

You may know of these bugs already, but I thought I'd mention them just in
case.

*Bugs*

   1. In complex scenes, previewing the scene in GPU mode results in an
   overload and a black screen. However, if you click the layers one by one
   then it doesn't. Very bizarre. I made this short video to show you what I
   mean: http://www.screencast.com/t/RnwLcZxIFq2
   2. When using hair particles with DupliObjects, it will never render the
   emitter, only the particles. Even though 'Emitter' is enabled in the
   particle render options.
   3. Cycles only recognizes the 'Preview' value for modifiers. Eg. If you
   add a subsurf modifier with View: 1 and Render: 3. It will render the View
   value, not the Render value.
   4. Most HDR images seem to warp strangely when looking at the back side.
   Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/PYqdD.jpg
   5. Image textures don't work until you set vector to 'Generated'. Not a
   big one, but it might confuse new users.

Thanks for your time.

Cycles is gonna be HUGE! You're all doing a great job :)

--
Regards,
Andrew Price