[Bf-cycles] Please Give Us Back Volume&Surface Combos

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Thu Oct 13 00:05:23 CEST 2011

Hi,

This change will not limit what is possible to render, it will only
require a different shader setup. Volume rendering will still support
using a different shader with a BSDF at the surface. Probably a node
will be added to make this kind of setup easier, but an Add Shader
node might already work for now... it depends a bit on how volume
rendering will interpret closures.

Layering again is something that can be done with nodes, rather than
adding sockets. I rather have this sort of thing as nodes, so that you
can put it in a node group and use entirely as preset, or mix it with
another group.

Brecht.