[Bf-cycles] Need help with shaders

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Thu Oct 6 00:57:36 CEST 2011

Hi,

If I can suggest something, it would be to try to see how we can
render things like smoke, fire or clouds well (without full global
illumination). I think for many users this is the most important use
case for volume rendering. Bidirectional path tracing and MLT are
interesting of course, but they are mostly interesting for rendering
"difficult" light paths, which often we don't even want to try to
render in animations, but rather leave out or approximate. There is no
support yet for reading voxels or point clouds, but procedural
textures can be used for testing too... Anyway, that's what I would
prioritize :)

I'll try a CUDA/OpenCL build later.

Brecht.