[Bf-cycles] help with patch: Separate RGB Node

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 21:30:44 CET 2011

Hello there,

I wanted to put my hands in cycles code, and give the Separate RGB Node a
go:
http://codereview.appspot.com/5444047/

However the code compiles and links, but crashes when I render using the
node. The crash is in an assert(input), which in my interpretation means
the node failed to compile.
Any suggestions on how to debug this? Or even better, any documentation on
how to add a new node, it was fun, but quite painful to go over the code
grepping/copy+pasting semi-blindly.

Thanks in advance for all the help,
Dalai

(Brecht I added you as a reviewer to the patch in codereview. The problem
may be something simple, but I'm trying to get it to work for a few hours.
If you could take a look at this it would be great)