[Bf-cycles] BiDir con Cycles...

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Wed Nov 23 22:59:54 CET 2011

Hi,

Actually there is no concrete plan to implement these things soon. My
first focus is getting this usable for rendering animations, not
architectural renders, for that a render engine like Luxrender may be
more suitable. Higher priority for me is things like render passes and
layers, more detailed scenes (displacement, subdivision, caching),
adaptive sampling, motion blur, ...

More advanced algorithms may get added at some point of course, and
perhaps someone other than me wants to work on them soon, but for e.g.
open movie projects it's not really feasible to use full global
illumination with caustics, very indirect light, etc, and get
acceptable render times.

Brecht.