[Bf-cycles] Question about Seed

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Tue Nov 22 22:19:32 CET 2011

Hi Brecht,
I am testing the Seed function atm in the Integrator panel.

Am I right that images, rendered with different seeds can be merged
together?
So for example:
Image_1 has Seed 1 and 1000 Samples
Image_2 has Seed 5 and 2000 Samples

Do I have 3000 Samples after merging them together?
I did that in the compositor with the Mix node, factor 0.5 and I used
OpenEXR renders for it.
The combined result was better than the single images, I have the
impression (more noise free).

Then I rendered another image with 600 samples, and combined it to the
already combined result. Now I have the impression though that the noise
became more again, rather than less.

So do I something wrong, or is that not supposed to work the way I use
it? :)

Best regards,
Thomas

--