[Bf-cycles] Base 'Render' samples (simple request)

storm kartochka22 at yandex.ru
Fri Nov 11 23:24:18 CET 2011

В Пт., 11/11/2011 в 14:18 -0500, Jordan Miller пишет:
> couldn't the compositer or the cycles engine measure the noise
> reduction with each successive pass and thereby achieve a user defined
> noise threshold? it would allow standardization of all renderings
> (rendered to a noise level of ## dB across >90% of the image)...

Unfortunately it impossible. You only can guess variance decay using
1/(sqrt(N)) with N = number of passes. Any statistically based
measurements far from what we see by eyes. Maybe complex psy-based
algorithm exist, but i doubt it can utilise fact that only portion of
moving picture take more attention then other. Random generators not
perfect, there always be some parts of image that too noisy and stay
noisy in next frame, so you get false positive.