[Bf-cycles] build with OSL support

Yasuhiro Fujii y-fujii at mimosa-pudica.net
Wed Nov 9 16:27:38 CET 2011

pros:
+ Simplify the UI.
+ Simplify the code.

cons:
+ oren_nayar() and diffuse() have different convergence behavior even
if roughness == 0.0, yield very different looks if convergence is not
sufficient. In some scene, designers may want to choose oren_nayar()
even if roughness == 0.0.
+ Thus users must know roughness = 0.0 is specialized.

I can't decide it because of my poor experience, especially designer's side.
What do you think about their cons?