[Bf-cycles] Rendering with Static BVH Only

David Black db4tech at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 4 21:47:37 CET 2011

Hi Brecht,

Now you have switched to Static BVH for full renders, why do some of surfaces in a scene I am working on for my BA (Hons) render as black, while they render fine with Dynamic BVH?

Have checked surface normals and they are facing out.
Tried attaching a couple of small file screen captures (around 200 KB) each but they were still to large for the mailing list.

On a different subject (should I ask as a separate subject?)

Thinking ahead... Will you be adding a method for clay renders?
Using the unfinished OpenCL for clay renders has been very useful for degree work, without having to edit all objects materials.  If you will be adding a Clay option, will it use current scene lights, or just environment lighting, like the idea current scene lighting.

Thank you kindly for your time,

David