[Bf-cycles] Bucket rendering

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Thu Nov 3 23:18:10 CET 2011

Hi,

A system for rendering scenes bigger than memory is not something that
will be added soon, it might be a year or so before I even get to
this... But basically in such cases interactivity will have to be
sacrificed, how much we'll have to find out.

If the scene fits in CPU memory but not GPU, it might not be so bad.
If it doesn't fit in CPU memory and only on disk, it's going to be
much worse. Probably the answer is in many cases that you only get
interactivity on a lower resolution version of your scene.

Brecht.