[Bf-cycles] Procedural Noise clarity

Michael Fox mfoxdogg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 21:44:48 CET 2011

On 03/11/11 21:12, Brecht Van Lommel wrote:
> Completely agree actually, though was doubting this a bit due to
> possible confusion with the existing Noise texture. Maybe one should
> be called Procedural Noise and the other Random Noise? Or just Noise
> and Random Noise?
>
> Some other changes I was contemplating:
> * Remove Stucci Texture, was mostly useful for old bump
> * Add Distorted Noise options into Clouds texture
> * Adding a turbulence parameter to Wood and remove Marble (but what to
> call this new node?)
>
> What do you think?
>
> Thanks,
> Brecht.

I do agree with changing clouds to noise and noise to random, blender is
the only app i have used that useas clouds and noise differently. but i
certainly do NOT agree with merging textures, each have their purposes
and ways of handling them, to me the more the merrier as with texturing
you need as much fine control as possible and putting all textures into
a blob is an all your eggs in one basket affair