[Bf-cycles] OSL status
erwin94 at gmx.net
Mon May 16 18:52:32 CEST 2011
Hm, I believe I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure
out what. testshade seems to work, here is the result
of OSL make test:
75% tests passed, 16 tests failed out of 63
Total Test time (real) = 18.74 sec
The following tests FAILED:
6 - cellnoise (Failed)
15 - geomath (Failed)
31 - noise (Failed)
32 - pnoise (Failed)
33 - oslc-err-paramdefault (Failed)
36 - spline (Failed)
41 - struct-err (Failed)
46 - texture-alpha (Failed)
47 - texture-blur (Failed)
48 - texture-field3d (Failed)
49 - texture-firstchannel (Failed)
50 - texture-interp (Failed)
51 - texture-simple (Failed)
52 - texture-width (Failed)
53 - texture-withderivs (Failed)
54 - texture-wrap (Failed)
These failures seem to be caused by something else though,
the test framework doesn't seem to find oiio. Running them
by hand with OPENIMAGEIOHOME=/usr/local I get no errors.
I have now tried building OSL with clang and llvm-gcc-4.2
with the same result. With llvm-gcc-4.5 it does not build
at all (but this is of course unrelated to cycles):
/usr/bin/llvm-as: /home/david/src/OpenShadingLanguage/build/linux64/liboslexec/llvm_ops.s:1:2: error: expected top-level entity
make: *** [liboslexec/llvm_ops.bc.cpp] Error 1
I think I might be giving up for now, as I am really happy already
with cycles without OSL :)
On May 14, 2011, at 2:43 PM, Brecht Van Lommel wrote:
> Hi David,
> Thanks for the patch, committed.
> OSL works here on Mac, and I've had it working on Linux as well. Does
> the error you have also show up when running the OSL testshade
> application? It seems related to GCC / LLVM, I'm using GCC 4.2 & 4.4
> with LLVM 2.8. Somehow LLVM has to find the symbol, in the library
> compiled by GCC, not sure why that goes wrong here.
> On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 3:53 AM, erwin94 <erwin94 at gmx.net> wrote:
>> I just wanted to ask what the status of the OSL shading system is.
>> While trying it, I encountered some build errors (fixes in the
>> attached patch), and, when trying to render I get the following
>> LLVM ERROR: Program used external function 'osl_allocate_closure_component' which could not be resolved!
>> I tried to understand why that fails, but couldn't find any reason,
>> so I wanted to ask before investigating further.
>> (the function seems to exist:
>> $ nm /usr/local/lib/liboslexec.so | grep allocate_closure
>> 00000000000d2700 T osl_allocate_closure_component
>> till then, David.
>> System: Ubuntu 10.10 x86_64
>> OSL from git (18f5ab52), built against ubuntu llvm
>> NEU: FreePhone - kostenlos mobil telefonieren und surfen!
>> Jetzt informieren: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/freephone
>> Bf-cycles mailing list
>> Bf-cycles at blender.org
> Bf-cycles mailing list
> Bf-cycles at blender.org
More information about the Bf-cycles