[Bf-cycles] OSL status

erwin94 erwin94 at gmx.net
Sat May 14 03:53:25 CEST 2011

Hi,

I just wanted to ask what the status of the OSL shading system is.

While trying it, I encountered some build errors (fixes in the
attached patch), and, when trying to render I get the following
error:

LLVM ERROR: Program used external function 'osl_allocate_closure_component' which could not be resolved!

I tried to understand why that fails, but couldn't find any reason,
so I wanted to ask before investigating further.

(the function seems to exist:
$ nm /usr/local/lib/liboslexec.so | grep allocate_closure
00000000000d2700 T osl_allocate_closure_component
)

till then, David.

P.S:
System: Ubuntu 10.10 x86_64
OSL from git (18f5ab52), built against ubuntu llvm