[Bf-cycles] Coordination

Alvaro Luna Bautista alvarolunab at yahoo.es
Wed May 4 13:05:57 CEST 2011

Hi Brecht

In my experience, that's not going to work with YafaRay developers, we can hardly get them to pay attention to our own wikis, neither I will get them to subscribe to this list or register in Blender.org. They already do enough work in my opinion.

Besides, we would like to see a new direction on cooperation practices regarding the Blender API, compared to what has happened for the past two years, and I can speak on behalf of other projects on this. I think you know what I mean.

We would like to have an specific mailing list devoted to the render API, where we can spare our developers the noise of other Blender ongoings and an IRC room. We would like to have IRC meetings, commit rights for lead developers and a bit of leverage on the render API decisions. I believe that only working this way you will get those external developers really interested in your goals. Besides, it is possible that this could benefit Cycles too, since you will find tons of raytracing expertise in those 'external' communities.

Anyway, we believe that with you on charge, things are going to improve compared to the past two years. Looking forward to news from you, Brecht. Regards.

Alvaro.