[Bf-cycles] Speed increase for real production

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sun Jun 19 16:25:18 CEST 2011

Hi,

Speed improvements are not the primary concern at the moment,
development is more focused on integration and user interface. There's
isn't really a fixed schedule, but this is what I have in mind:

within 6 months: initial version in a blender release, focus on
integration, user interface, stability
within 1 year: speed improvements and most important features working,
'production ready'
within 2 years: roughly support all features on todo in the wiki

That may seem long, but I'm trying to be realistic, I'm only able to
spend about 2 days a week on this. As far as speeding up the
development goes, I'm not sure what to suggest, we'd need to get more
developers involved somehow, lack of feedback is not an issue.

Brecht.