[Bf-cycles] Lightprobe importance sampling

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Wed Dec 28 13:46:57 CET 2011

Yes, this sounds right, the environment should be added as another
light type. It can be added to the light_distribution texture,
initially with just a fixed overall importance, and then in a next
step split up into smaller pieces with different importance based on
pixel intensity.

For the background shader evaluation in kernel_path_integrate, MIS can
be added in a similar way as is done in indirect_emission.

Brecht.