[Bf-cycles] Problems about source version control when I add code to Cycles.

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Mon Dec 26 14:45:09 CET 2011

Subversion doesn't really support such a setup well, I wouldn't
recommend it. Easiest would be to clone this git repository, which is
kept in sync with svn automatically. Then you can do typical git
stuff, locally creating branches and committing.

git clone git://gitorious.org/blenderprojects/blender.git blender #
initial checkout
git pull origin # svn update

Personally I use git svn, which is a bit more complicated, the only
reason for that is because it allows me to also commit to svn.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Brecht/Setup#Git

By the way, don't use the cycles branch, that's not in use anymore,
development is done in trunk now.

Brecht.