[Bf-cycles] Feature Requests for resume Rendering

David Black db4tech at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 19 18:18:52 CET 2011

I agree Thomas, it should be a high priority on the ToDo list. :)

No matter how fast Cycles becomes, or what other great features are
added, there's nothing worse than rendering for many hours /(or even all
day!)/ to lose everything and have to start again.

When this feature is added, other ideas can be experimented with, if
Blender becomes unstable for any reason at least a render can be resumed.

*The caveat being... *
As long as the resume render package data file does not become corrupt
during a crash.
One solution would be to incorparate a similar method to Blender saves,
.packagedata  .packagedata1 and so on.  Then, there will always be a
lest one resume point, automatic .packagedata saves could happen at say
at 10 min intervals?

Best wishes for 2012!

David