[Bf-compositor] Share data between interface and composite node.

Jeroen Bakker j.bakker at atmind.nl
Tue Dec 15 20:31:27 CET 2015

Hello Pawel,

the shared data in Blender is located in the DNA. This DNA is accessible
to the widget (via RNA) and is used by the Compositor (most of the time
by copying the data to the Composite Operations.

So when you want to access data of an Operation it must be made
accessible to other parts of blender via DNA and RNA.

The DNA of the compositor can be found in the next file.
https://git.blender.org/gitweb/gitweb.cgi/blender.git/blob/HEAD:/source/blender/makesdna/DNA_node_types.h
The RNA of the compositor can be found in the next file
https://git.blender.org/gitweb/gitweb.cgi/blender.git/blob/HEAD:/source/blender/makesrna/intern/rna_nodetree.c

The DNA describes how the data is structured, the RNA will tell Blender
how to evaluate the data when it changes. The datastructure that is
being used is NodeChroma.

Now it should be accessible in the widget. But during compositing it
should be transferred to the specific operation (ColorMatte)

In the file
https://git.blender.org/gitweb/gitweb.cgi/blender.git/blob/HEAD:/source/blender/compositor/nodes/COM_ColorMatteNode.cpp
this transfer takes place.

Hope this will help you.