[Bf-compositor] Extending some node functions to VSE

David McSween 3pointedit at gmail.com
Thu May 22 07:08:15 CEST 2014

This is slightly off topic, but I wonder if it is possible to extend the
function of VSE strip modifiers to use compositor nodes?

That is allow re-using simple 'node code' like blur, to alter strip frames
in the VSE.

We already have Curves and Color Corrector as well as Masks.

I propose simply adding 'discreet task' modifiers but also wonder if you
can realistically port a compositor node tree into a VSE strip as a frame
modifier?

One of the most annoying deficiencies in the VSE currently is the lack of
Blur filters.

Thanks for your consideration.
David McSween