[Bf-compositor] Question regarding changes to blending modes

Kévin Dietrich kevin.dietrich at mailoo.org
Sun Jun 8 12:39:30 CEST 2014

@Troy: Care to spare some links ?

And your math is almost the same: (A || B) <= 1 ? screen : lighten; The
only thing is that values above one will get the max value of A or B,
depending on which is the greatest.

Also here I'm not dealing with 32-bit floats, I'm trying to find a
better way to handle Hue, Sat, Val and Col blend operations to not use
RGB <-> HSV conversions which are flawed by design and produce artfacts.

Le 2014-06-08 00:56, Troy Sobotka a écrit :

> On Jun 7, 2014 3:20 AM, "Bartek Skorupa (priv)" <bartekskorupa at bartekskorupa.com> wrote:
>>
>> The way I see it:
>> Math is the same, but color spaces are different, so we come up with different results.
>
> The math is frequently different.
>
> Screen for example in scene referred models is typically:
> A or B <= 1.0 A+B-AB ? max(A,B)
>
> max() is often used in place of display referred 1.0 contexts. IIRC, there are a few HDR tools that use whatever the chosen white point value in scene referred is.
>
> There is a good amount of forum chatter on this subject at some of the Nuke and other such forums.
>
> With respect,
> TJS

Links:
------