[Bf-compositor] GLSL render as input in compositor

Cezary Kopias cezary.kopias at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 10:39:29 CET 2014

Hi all!

I want to make a thread where we can put all the good uses of GLSL rendering and why would be a nice idea to have it straight in compositor and don't need to save to image first.

Hopefully people who use OpenGL rendering will have better user cases but I will start :

I would use it to have nice ant-aliased custom masks or to add quick (render time) highlight on already rendered cycles scene (i do this in internal now, but faster is better)

Developers: what are the main concerns making this happen? Should we wait with this till jwilkins finish viewport FX? (but rendering multiple scenes in OpenGL is a pain, but maybe someone can make a nice add-on for that)