[Bf-compositor] New Corner Pin node

Sean Kennedy mack_dadd2 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 21 19:15:17 CET 2014

Nice! I don't mind waiting for you guys to sort it out properly and make it amazing. :)

Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 09:43:56 +0100
From: lukas.toenne at gmail.com
To: bf-compositor at blender.org
Subject: Re: [Bf-compositor] New Corner Pin node

@Sean: It is possible to show these inputs as expanded vectors, but requires quite hackish code ...
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/67188

http://www.pasteall.org/49733/diff

Problem are limitations of the old C node system, which keeps all the specialized socket stuff inside the core code and makes it really fuzzy. Perhaps we can finally put pynodes to good use here and port the compositor node UI over (all a matter of available time and priorities).

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 6:42 PM, Sean Kennedy <mack_dadd2 at hotmail.com> wrote:

Great node! Definitely going to be useful, although I agree with Francesco about the complexity of setting the positions of the corners.
What about something like this?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10553822/blender_corner_pin_idea.jpg

Is that possible?
And then eventually, maybe setting it up so we could plug in either value nodes or track position nodes.

Still, nice work! Any tools added to the compositor are welcome tools!
Sean