[Bf-compositor] New Corner Pin node

Lukas Tönne lukas.toenne at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 17:36:21 CET 2014

@Francesco:

The "Plane" output is a black/white mask, just like in the PlaneTrack node.
It is essentially an alpha map (1 on the plane, 0 outside). You can see i'm
using it as a mix factor in the screenshot (otherwise image would be
alpha=0 outside the plane instead of pink).

I'm not that familiar with the tracking data types, afaik there is a "Track
Position" node which you could use as input for the corners. The Plane
Track node also does basically the same, but directly takes plane corners
from the tracking data (i think these are 2 different types of data in the
movie clip editor).

As noted in the task description, one major issue with the compositor is
the lack of constants. Once we implement those properly (and it is
definitely needed) we can much more easily output single values, e.g. for
exposing the plane track corners alongside the warped image and mask.

Canvas compositing will also go a long way in making this node more easily
accessible, but first we need to look into resolution handling and sampling
issues in the compositor internals.

There is not much to see about the node properties (i guess that's what you
are interested in), only buttons are the input values, which are vectors
(3D, z component is ignored):
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/67139