[Bf-compositor] Compositor Awareness

Jeroen Bakker j.bakker at atmind.nl
Mon Aug 25 22:19:12 CEST 2014

Hi all,

This is a different kind of speedup It is more in the area of
usability/user friendliness. As developer it seems easy to implement and
lowers user stress-levels, by that they don't have to wait until the
previous compositor run is finished, before the next will start up.

Just to be clear IMO it should not change the hurdle of implementing
buffering/caching and so on for the better or worse.

Also as this only impacts the compositor when in editing mode it should
be able to predict what paths are valid as blenders compositor works
from output to input. so if the changed node is not connected to these
output (direct or indirect) we should not start up the calculation run.
(But sergey is free to come up with his own idea on this subject)

Greetings,
Jeroen & Monique
  - At Mind -