[Bf-compositor] Image sampling issue

Francesco Paglia f.paglia.80 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 13:09:03 CET 2013

Hi Jeroen,
as I can see every node that involves pixel transformation gives a much
more blurred image.
the example in the link clearly shows what I'm talking about.

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=61835

 there's an image input rotated twice in both direction to get back to the
original position then I compared the resulting image with the original one
using a difference operand.
The image "should" result in a completely black image but as you can see
there are difference bigger than a pixel using the bicubic filter.

 This result shows up 2 consideration:
1. a sub-pixel transformation should be taken into account for all the
distortion nodes (maybe matrices should be the right choice?)
2. there's no optimization for two nodes whom do the same operation the so
called "concatenation" in other software.

To further explain concatenation is an evaluation of all the node that are
of the same kind and that are linked one to each other prior to apply the
final transformation to the image.
here a reference link:
http://www.nukepedia.com/written-tutorials/concatenation-of-transforms-in-nuke/

Francesco Paglia