[Bf-compositor] Image sampling issue

Jeroen Bakker j.bakker at atmind.nl
Sun Nov 3 09:21:08 CET 2013

Hi!

Just to clarify the issue, the quick solution and an draft-idea of the
possible solution:

Issue: the compositor can not handle sub-sampling with good quality by
default. Nodes that want to use it should currently implement a style
like UV mapping (EWA sampling). To use EWA sampling the pixel size needs
to be evaluated (DX, DY).

Quick solution: let the plane tracker node calculate the pixel-size and
EWA filtering methods. This solution will work for most cases, but is
not the ideal solution. It would be better that the pixel size is known
by all nodes.

Possible solution (draft idea): In stead of evaluating pixels with just
an X, Y coordinate or even X, Y, DX, DY. We should investigate on using
3x3 matrices. This solution should also help to implement canvas
compositor, but it could lead to strange results as matrices are limited
by the optimization structure (Complex vs Simple nodes) of the compositor.

Jeroen