[Bf-compositor] a proposal for this list

Francesco Paglia f.paglia.80 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 16:25:41 CET 2013

I'm very happy to see so many people interested in discussing about the
compositor!
As Jeroen said it's very important to set a wiki page where all the
relevant issue raised in this list are kept updated and managed in a
consistent way.
If Sebastian would lead this role I'm very happy to endorse him because I
think he has the right attitude and skills to do it! :)

Another advice I would suggest is to keep threads easily recognizable
setting one topic each so we don't have to surf though dozen of mail to
find the answer or the question we are looking for.
If you don't mind Seb I'd like you would split all the interesting topic
you put in your previous mail into as many threads as the topics are.

If you all agree would be even cooler if we can set a convention in the
thread naming so we can easily recognize the content.

As I can see the topic could be:

- enhancement
- new feature

we can set a sort of prefix like [enh] and [feat] what do you think of this
idea?

I also think in the wiki page we should set both list to keep things
clearer and to have more people that could get involved as dev... (I
imagine if someone who wants to jump in the compositor development should
start with a standalone node instead of trying to solve problem that only
Jeroen can handle efficiently)

>From an user point of view I think priority has to go to tasks that prevent
us to fully use the blender compositor (and canvas limits as well as
complete recalculation of the node tree really are)  but I imagine that
some issues aren't just related to the compositor itself and the developers
should help us understand the complexity behind and what can really be done
so we can discuss further trying to keep at an high level the usability as
well ...  :)

e-mail   f.paglia.80 at gmail.com