[Bf-committers] Bug Fixes only(?) releases

Fable Fox fablefox at fablefox.com
Sat May 14 15:34:44 CEST 2022

>>> everything besides regular maintenance on 'big projects', so... this one
>>> and several other relatively small core improvements and fixes keep
being
>>> delayed from one release to the other.

First of all I know people will work on whatever they want to work on, it's
open source.

I loves reading What New pages everytime there is new Blender releases, but
I think, based on bug tracker, Blender could use one or two bug fixes /
performance only releases. I'm not talking about LTS, but as per Bastien
says, maintenance on big (or small) projects.

I mean, if Ton think list of critical issues is way too long, just view
Confirmed Normal.

I think bug fixing need to be officially added to 2022 Strategy Target (
https://code.blender.org/2022/01/strategic-targets-2022/) which means
resources are provided for it.

Just my 2 cent fly on the wall observation.

--
Fable Fox
fablefox at fablefox.com
http://www.fablefox.com