[Bf-committers] Proposal for clarified VFX Reference Platform Support

Brian Savery brian.savery at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 14:22:17 CET 2022

> At some point strategic decisions like this should have tangible
> benefits beyond the *possability* of attracting a user base. Maybe it
> will be different this time - in that case there should be an
> explanation as to why.

One benefit that seems to be overlooked is the compatibility of add-ons.
Particularly those with c-extensions. With the move to python 3.9 some
add-ons lagged in compatibility.

Sticking to the VFX platform usually means add-ons will be up to date with
that python if they are used in various apps.

brian.savery at gmail.com
508-274-8700