[Bf-committers] Proposal for clarified VFX Reference Platform Support

Ray Molenkamp ray at lazydodo.com
Thu Jan 20 04:56:57 CET 2022

The reason that is, most of the people involved are in the
discussion are not in a position to make this decision
(and that includes me) We can have good arguments on either
side of following or not following, but none of us can

This is something that will have to be decided at the top.
It's essentially between Ton and the project admins, decide
what what the position is of the blender project, VFX Platform
are we in or are we out?

The stance we had for the last few years, "We're in, this
year, since it kinda aligns, next year? maybe not? there's
exceptions... if we feel like it.." isn't working, the
sooner we realize that the better.

If we again do not take a solid stance, I guarantee you
we will have the same song and dance in between 6 and 12
months from now.

I'm not overly interested in deciding on the
python upgrade right now (even though that personally
puts me in a rough spot with bcon3 this close) I'd
rather see this through and have HQ sort it out once
and for all.


On 2022-01-19 8:34 p.m., Campbell Barton via Bf-committers wrote:
> This discussion seems to suffer the same fate as other VFX platform
> threads...  fizzle out with no conclusion.

More information about the Bf-committers mailing list