[Bf-committers] Updating Module pages

Thomas Dinges thomas at blender.org
Wed Jan 12 16:21:35 CET 2022

Hi everyone,

after some weeks of feedback and iterations, here is my final proposal
to update the module landing pages (only the first point is relevant for
now): https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/User:ThomasDinges/ModuleImprovements

- The current module overview on the wiki will be simplified:
https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/User:ThomasDinges/Notepad

- All module information will be posted on the phabricator landing page
(Example: https://developer.blender.org/project/profile/139/)

Benefits:

- Information is not scattered between two places (wiki and phabricator)

- More information is available (For example a status text, with infos
on activity, meetings and active projects), so it's clearer for new
contributors how active a module is.

If no objections are brought up until the 19th January (one week from
now), another mail will be sent out, and then I ask every module owner
to update their landing page. Some of them still show outdated 2.9x
roadmaps and infos, time for a new year polish.

Best regards,

Thomas

--
Thomas Dinges  -  thomas at blender.org   -  www.blender.org
Developer Community Coordinator at Blender