[Bf-committers] Blender mime registration

Danny McGrath dan at blender.org
Wed Feb 2 16:17:34 CET 2022

Hello everyone,

Aaron (Blendify) was asking me about some wiki upload problems wrt .blend
files today. During some of our investigation into the wiki mime
misdetection, I noticed that Blender appears to lack an official mime type
registration with IANA.

Some quick searching did find an old reference on the mailing list [1] to
this effort, but I have no idea how far it went, or who was involved.

There is a web page at IANA [2] that lists the current types, and has a
registration page [3] that I think is best left to the core devs.

So, is there some champion on the developer team that is up to the
challenge? :)

---

[1] -
https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2011-March/030998.html