[Bf-committers] Too many high priority issues for Blender 3.2

Dalai Felinto dalai at blender.org
Thu Apr 28 13:10:56 CEST 2022

Hi,

The number of unfixed high priority issues are alarming at the moment. On
April alone they skyrocketed from an already high 25 issues to 65 [1].

I urge the modules to get the grasp of this, and prioritize this over new
projects developments. This is also the time to roll back features that are
the culprit of too many regressions.

Remember that later today Thomas will announce that we will enter bcon3 for
Blender 3.2. And that usually means even more bugs will be reported once we
announce the 3.2 beta.

This is the current breakdown per-module:
* EEVEE & Viewport: 27
* Render & Cycles: 13
* Modeling: 12
* User Interface: 10
* Sculpt, Paint & Texture: 8
* Nodes & Physics: 5
* Pipeline, Assets & I/O: 5
* Animation & Rigging: 2
* Core: 1
* Grease Pencil: 1
* Python API: 1
* VFX & Video: 1

[1] -
https://metrics.blender.org/d/9TZngd9Gk/blender-bugs-reports-triaging-and-fix?orgId=1&from=1648764000000&to=1651010400000&viewPanel=7
[2] - This adds up to 81, because of bugs tagged over multiple modules.

Kind regards,
-Dalai-