[Bf-committers] Maintenance on Builder.blender.org; short periods of downtime 12th of April (today)

Arnd Marijnissen arnd at blender.org
Tue Apr 12 12:55:58 CEST 2022

Hello,

To free up some networking hardware at the studio to be able to put it
to good use in other places, we are going to move a number of
connections over from one switch to another.

There is a good chance that we'll be able to do it so that nobody
notices anything at all; but murphy's law teaches us to expect the
unexpectable (or something like that).

If we do get hit by downtime, they'd be short periods of 5-10 minutes
somewhere in the coming 5 to 6 hours.

The jobs that are running might fail if they need to fetch something
*right at that moment*, but otherwise no hardware is expected to reboot,
shutdown or otherwise go missing.

I will drop a note here to inform when maintenance is finished.

--
  Arnd