[Bf-committers] Enquiry about python contribution

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at blender.org
Fri Apr 1 11:32:55 CEST 2022

Hi Chirag,

Thanks for the offer to help!

If you want to indeed limit yourself to Python, that's fine. It means you
don't have to build Blender and can just edit files & see the changes.

https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Developer_Intro is the place to start
reading. It'll cover a lot of things that are on the C/C++ side of Blender,
so you can skip those if you want.

Once you have more concrete questions, ask around on #blender-coders
<https://blender.chat/channel/blender-coders> , there will be plenty of
people there to help you out.

Cheers,.
Sybren