[Bf-committers] *** RESPECTFULLY NOT SPAM *** Weekly Development Notes Followup

Zack Brown zacharyb at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 08:16:48 CEST 2021

I'm curious about this too.

Anyone from the community who wants to contribute to blender is like a lump
of solid gold to the project. If contributors are treated like they're just
a drain on the 'real' developers, then blender will be stuck having to hire
people for everything. Wouldn't it be better to have 100,000 contributors
than just a dozen or so? I'd rather have *no* hired developers, and let the
community do everything, rather than have a tiny number of developers who
make it hard for newcomers to join.

Be well,
Zack

Zack Brown