[Bf-committers] *** RESPECTFULLY NOT SPAM *** Weekly Development Notes Followup

Ryan Inch mythologylover75 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 07:59:48 CEST 2021

Thanks for your quick reply Bastian.  My email wasn't a prompt to be
defensive but a request for clarification from Dalai as the Blender
Development Coordinator.  Depending on what Dalai says, I'll follow up
with your points if need be because this is not about me but how
community developers are treated.

Dalai, as Blender Development Coordinator, one specific request from the
Epic MegaGrant was to make Blender more professional.  I and other
community devs and members do not think this kind of notation is
professional.  It also disincentivizes engagement between core devs and
community devs who do consider this a type of attack.

So again, my question to you as the Blender Development Coordinator is
'In what case is it acceptable for a developer to put something like
"Spent time on re-explaining/re-investigating T9599 (sigh…)." in their
official weekly development notes?' And now, in what case is it
acceptable to mark an email asking about such an issue as spam?  I was
under the impression that personal attacks were not tolerated?

Ryan