[Bf-committers] Buildbot outage for VM migration

Danny McGrath dan at blender.org
Mon Nov 29 19:09:55 CET 2021

Hi,

It appears that we will have to extend the outage several hours longer than
anticipated. A brief explanation follows.

The initial backup ETA was derived from previous backup logs. However,
after starting today's migration and backup, it was realized that the
secondary VM HDD was NOT included in this estimate due to it intentionally
not being part of the backup. Being an old gigabit based Ceph backed
Proxmox cluster, it was clear that the extra storage would not be able to
complete the migration in the given timeframe.

After some internal discussion we decided to let it run and aim to have
buildbot back online for tomorrow. In the meantime, there is an alternate
like that might be useful that can be found at:

https://builder-uatest.blender.org/download/daily/

Again, sorry for the delay!

--
Cheers,