[Bf-committers] Blender license compliance (blogpost)

Dalai Felinto dalai at blender.org
Wed May 26 14:32:19 CEST 2021

Hi,
I've just posted about the changes made in Blender in the past year
regarding its license compliance:

https://code.blender.org/2021/05/blender-oss-and-licenses/

Starting officially in Blender 2.93, the source is shared in two ways.
First the usual tarball with the Blender code. Second, with a more complete
tarball including the source of all the libraries Blender links to.

After 2.93 this will get even better. There is a plan to support making the
source using the libraries straight from the downloaded tarball.

Thanks everyone who contributed to this. I'm very happy to see this
year-long endeavor coming to a happy ending.

-Dalai-