[Bf-committers] New 2.93 release date: June 2

Dalai Felinto dalai at blender.org
Tue May 25 16:31:34 CEST 2021

Hi everyone,
The 2.93 release will move to the next week's Wednesday (June 2).

Some of the reasons for this:
* There is still one (T88250) crash that we are trying to fix for 2.93.
* The number of untriaged reports >400 is too high and going up [1]. I want
to check with the triaging team if there is no high priority issues among
them.
* Last minute buildbot fixes last Friday.

Basically we are postponing it to make sure the release can be more tested
and is stable enough. We already got the number of high priority issues to
plummet remarkably [2].

[1] -
https://metrics.blender.org/d/9TZngd9Gk/blender-development?viewPanel=13
[2] -