[Bf-committers] Blender Addons Policy

Lechu Sokolowski lechu.sokolowski at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 13:14:48 CEST 2021

Hi all,

I was informed that "When it comes to bundling add-ons with Blender, the policy is changing for the upcoming release."

I was asked to ask the following questions here:
1. Does this mean that Blender 3.0 and all the future versions won't include any commercial addons such as Archipack, Blendkit, Bsurfaces, etc?
2. Will there be any new guidelines to the Community Addons linking directly to the creator's private sites and portfolios? Examples are Oscurant Tools, Amaranth, etc? Or do you need to be signed up for a Diamond Sponsor level just like with the commercial addons?
3. Does this mean there won't be Community Addons linking directly to commercial applications like Nuke, Autodesk software, Unreal Engine, etc?

--
Lech Sokolowski
chocofur.com