[Bf-committers] Blender 2.93 Released!

Ryan Inch mythologylover75 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 07:10:32 CEST 2021

Congratulations on the release!  Everything looks good, there seems to
be tons of great improvements,
and the reels are quite impressive.

However, I have noticed that Add-ons are treated differently in the
release notes.  Judging by the emails from the bf-extensions mailing
list, many of the Add-ons bundled with Blender receive dozens of updates
between each release, but this hasn't lately been advertised in the
release notes (aside from the occasional mention in @SouthernShotty's 5
minute videos, very grateful to him for that), plus the
authors/maintainers and their commits to these Add-ons don't seem to be
credited on the credits page[1].  Since the Add-ons are bundled with
Blender, is there a reason that they aren't credited at release?

If the reason for this is, in part, that authors/maintainers aren't
adding their changes to the wiki version of the
release notes in time, then I would like to inquire as to when the
cutoff for editing the wiki is to make it into the
release notes, or what else could be done to have them included?

Ryan Inch (Imaginer)
Developer of the Collection Manager Add-on.

[1] https://www.blender.org/about/credits/