[Bf-committers] Deprecation of Phabricator

Aaron Carlisle carlisle.b3d at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 19:10:08 CEST 2021

I did a little bit of digging into GitLab and found out that they have a
special program for open source projects [1].
This gives access to their "Ultimate" tier for free and looks like
something we should look into.
Part of the program also includes migration support which will be
beneficial as well.

A couple of requirements are needed to be eligible, including participating
in joint events/marketing [2].
They do not go into any details about what this means which means we will
want to reach out to them
for clarification and decided if this is something the Blender Foundation
would like to support.

1. https://about.gitlab.com/solutions/open-source/
2. https://about.gitlab.com/solutions/open-source/partners/