[Bf-committers] Deprecation of Phabricator

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 15:57:02 CEST 2021

A big reason for choosing Phabricator at the time was because it was
designed for larger projects. That means being able to organize tasks and
code reviews into projects and subprojects, even if they all apply to the
same code repository. Moving tasks between projects, assigning tasks to
multiple projects, configuration for triaging, custom forms to help users
make good bug reports, etc. At the time, Gitlab did not support such
features, but they have been adding them in the past few years. I don't
know to what extent the various systems support such things now, but it's
something to pay attention to.