[Bf-committers] Deprecation of Phabricator

Aaron Carlisle carlisle.b3d at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 01:02:44 CEST 2021

HI,

James and I spoke briefly about the possibility of moving to Gitlab before
the deprecation was announced.
I would highly recommend that this is the channel we go down. Gitlab is a
big project that is well established,
open-source, and opens many tools that are not possible with Phabricator.
For example, GitLab would allow online editing of the user manual and other
repositories.
I have identified the lack of online editing as a major deficit in the
current development workflow for the user manual.

I would like to be included in the discussion here to make sure we meet the
needs of the documentation project,
we should also include James in this discussion as he might have other
recommendations or needs.

Thanks,

Aaron Carlisle